Sunday 2 June 2013

A long weekend

Elizabeth Alexandra Mary
Born 21 April 1926

Hurrah for long weekends.  This weekend in New Zealand is the Queens Birthday weekend.  Her actual Birthday is 21 April but it's celebrated here as a public holiday on the first Monday of June. 

It has been busy here.  Dinner out with friends Friday night, and a 50th Saturday night.  We were meant to head to another dinner tonight but George and I had a nanna nap this afternoon and I did'nt wake up till 5pm!  Nothing was prepared so we decided to stay in by the fire instead.  Everyone is so tired here today.

Today is also a day of reflection for me.  It marks 10 years since my sister Belinda died.  I miss her so much.  I have tried to keep myself busy today, but I have had low energy and have done alot of sleeping.  I listen to my body more than ever these days.  It wanted to go into snooze mode, so that is exactly what I did.

Mr H has completely cleared out the chicken coop so it's already to go.  Our chickens will be arriving this week thanks to a lovely neighbour who's property is full of free range chooks.

Tomorrow I have some vegetable plants to pop in the garden and then we will most likely head out to the beach for some sea air.

I'm looking forward to the week ahead.  My baby sister arrives from Brisbane for 3 weeks with her little girl, can't wait!
Have you had a great weekend?  What are you looking forward to this week?

7 comments:

  1. Oh Elaina.. Hugs to you lovely xxx

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. xxx anniversaries are always hard. I'm looking forward to a mini break at the end of next week, our first family holiday that isn't staying with relatives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your sister. My prayers are with you. I think you are so wise to listen to your body and to get that extra rest. Enjoy your time with your little sis and I hope that you have a lovely week ahead. Take care you .....Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. thinking of you honey...how wonderful you get to spend 3 weeks with your lil sis and niece. looking forward to hearing all about it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anniversaries of that kind are always so hard... sending you hugs and hope that you got through the day okay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to learn of your sister's death. You must miss her. It's good that you can have a lazy day when you need to - you body is obviously telling you to slow down and rest. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...